Re: [AUCTeX] Make "french" babel's option recognized

From: Denis Bitouzé
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Make "french" babel's option recognized
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 22:39:37 +0100

Le lundi 15/03/10 à 22h14,
Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Theoretically, yes.  But I intentionally didn't support "french"
> because the name is used both for the babel option and for french.sty
> from the FrenchPro package.  The frenchb support shouldn't be loaded
> when somebody uses the latter.  ("\usepackage{french}" and
> "\usepackage[french]{babel}" looks almost identical to AUCTeX.)
> Perhaps it would be possible to prevent loading frenchb support when
> "babel" or "frenchpro" is also present, but I haven't checked this.

Well, this ambiguity doesn't occur anymore: since Babel 3.7j (TeX Live
2003), french is synonym to frenchb and the FrenchPro package is to be
loaded either by frenchle or frenchpro. In few days, Daniel Flipo
(frenchb author) will update the frenchb documentation to advice to
use, as babel's option, french in place to frenchb...
--
Denis