Re: [AUCTeX] Hide preview icons?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Hide preview icons?
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:54:32 +0100

David Sevilla <address@hidden> writes:

> 2009/12/17 David Sevilla <address@hidden>:

>>> The "x" is hardcoded in `preview-make-clickable'.
>>>
>>> I haven't tried this, but perhaps you could use a 1x1 pixels image
>>> instead of the default icon?
>>
>> I did. It is less distracting but not completely good: the 1x1 image
>> has a black border so instead of a (white) pixel I see a small black
>> box, remarkably similar to the points that I use at the end of each
>> sentence  :)   Well, close enough.
>
> ... on the other hand... if instead of a 1x1 gif you use a 1x1
> transparent png, it works like a charm.

Maybe there are image formats allowing 0x0 graphics.  I have skimmed
through the code, and it does not look really prepared to skip images.
It is conceivable that making an image spec :string "" and adding
something like
(put 'preview-filter-specs :string #'(lambda (keyword value) value))
in order to have it interpreted as such (only on Emacs, not XEmacs)
could do the trick.

--
David Kastrup