Re: [AUCTeX] Getting ChkTeX to work

From: Siim Sepman
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Getting ChkTeX to work
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 10:59:01 +0200

Thanks for help, Ralf. It's really nice to get some direction torwards
the right infopages.

I tried eval-after-load and also manually loading chktex.el.

This is the command menu without chktex modifications:
http://kom.aau.dk/~ssepman/pic/wo_chktex.jpg
This is when I used the command "load-file
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/chktex.el"
http://kom.aau.dk/~ssepman/pic/load-file_chktex.jpg
That way I would prefer it.
Now when I have (eval-after-load "tex" '(require 'chktex)) in my .emacs file:
http://kom.aau.dk/~ssepman/pic/eval-after-load_chktex.jpg
The menu is somewhat different and some items are missing.

The outcome with load-file would be prefered, although I would also
prefer the menu item to appear (more or less) automatically. Actually
I'm probably waisting more time with trying to find an automatic
solution. That's why I don't want to look into customizing the menu
according to the manual. I just love to get into customization, but it
can be seen as an excuse for not making make real work :)

Best Regards,
-Siim

--
http://kom.aau.dk/~ssepman/