Re: [AUCTeX] ouput files

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] ouput files
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 22:16:23 +0200

* james (2010-04-25) writes:

> Is possible to make emacs/auctex write and read all output files (aux, log,
> idx bib etc) in a separate directory (I'd like to use ~/.latex).

At least LaTeX has the -output-directory command line option which you
could add to `LaTeX-command' or `LaTeX-command-style'.  I'm not sure if
it will work because I've never tried it.

No idea if BibTeX and Makeindex support such a mode of operation.

> That way
> working directories don't get so crowded.

Eventually calling `C-c C-c Clean <RET>' can ease the pain.

--
Ralf