[AUCTeX] Include subdirectories in Reftex's completion

From: Mathias Lindner
Subject: [AUCTeX] Include subdirectories in Reftex's completion
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 12:43:22 +0000 (UTC)

Hi

When I type \input or \include, Reftex helps finding the correct file with it's
completion list. Unfortunately, it is not aware of subdirectories. The files are
found but they are listed (and included into the code) in the same way as if
they where in the root directory.

Example:
main.tex
./subdir/chapter.tex

During editing main.tex I want to include chapter.tex. So I hit C-C C-M, choose
include and hit Tab to list all files Reftex finds. The list now contains:
main.tex    chapter.tex
I choose chapter.tex and get:
\include{chapter.tex}
But what I expect is:
\include{./subdir/chapter.tex}

Why does Reftex omit the subdir information? And what can I do about it?

Thanks in advance!
Mathias