Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Unfillable paragraph with AUCTeX 11.86

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Unfillable paragraph with AUCTeX 11.86
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 10:04:06 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * Tassilo Horn (2010-11-16) writes:
>
>> I edebugged the whole stuff, and the culprit is
>> `LaTeX-fill-move-to-break-point'.  That function sometimes moves point
>> to a totally different paragraph!  In this snippet
>>
>>      ;; Determine start and end of verbatim macro.
>>      (let ((beg (point))
>>            (end (if (not (string-match "[ [{]" (match-string 1)))
>>                     (cdr (LaTeX-verbatim-macro-boundaries))
>>                   (TeX-find-macro-end))))
> [...]
>> the variable `end' is set to a value that's much beyond the current
>> paragraph (a few paragraphs later).
>
> Hm, perhaps something like the `forward-sexp' call in
> `TeX-find-macro-end-helper' fails?  Hard to tell without being able to
> reproduce the problem.

Oh, yeah, that function must be buggy.  Here's a text snippet I used for
testing:

As discussed in the previous section, a concrete transformation extends the
\textsf{Transformation} class, and inside its
\lstinline{transform()} method, it instantiates and executes the elementary
operations provided by the

 the transformation operations describing the
behavior are used inside the \textsf{transform()} method, which has to be
overridden.  The template for the \textsf{FamilyGraph2Genealogy} transformation
is depicted in listing \ref{lst:transform-template}.

\begin{lstlisting}[language=Java, caption={Template for the
    \textsf{FamilyGraph2Genealogy} transformation},
  label={lst:transform-template}, float={h!}]
  public class FamilyGraph2Genealogy extends Transformation {
    public FamilyGraph2Genealogy(Context context) { super(context); }

If I set point to column zero of the third line (before
\lstinline{transform()}) and then do

  M-: (goto-char (TeX-find-macro-end-helper (point)))

point is moved to the closing brace finishing the lstlisting's caption.
That's what `TeX-find-closing-brace' (or indirectly
`TeX-find-balanced-brace') returns.  When I do that in this message
buffer, it works just fine...

I have no clue how those functions work...

Bye,
Tassilo