Re: [AUCTeX] Display of templates in minibuffer: minibuffer-choose.el --

From: AW
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Display of templates in minibuffer: minibuffer-choose.el -- Howto?
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 14:32:22 +0200

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 16:07:52 +0200
> From: AW <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: [AUCTeX] Display of templates in minibuffer:
>       minibuffer-choose.el    -- Howto?
>
> Hello,
>
> I found something interesting on stackexchange:
>
> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/2110/most-significant-reasons-that-le
> d- us-to-latex/2144#2144
>
> "Leo2007" presents minibuffer-choose.el, which should allow to insert a
> template into one's document quickly. Follow the link above and you will see
> a quite convincing picture.
>
> Unfortunately I do not understand how to use it. I got the the file
> minibuffer-choose.el from here: http://paste.lisp.org/display/113728
> (I added it below). . . .

I repeated my question here:

http://superuser.com/questions/287925/how-to-insert-tex-templates-in-emacs-
buffer-using-minibuffer-choose-el/287941#287941

Answer: use YASnippets, see

http://code.google.com/p/yasnippet/

and for LaTeX

http://kedeligdata.blogspot.com/2009/03/yasnippet-latex-bundle.html

Installation on Emacs is better described in the emacswiki than at the
yasnippet website.

Cheerio, YASnippets is great, I can recommend it. It enables the user to store
many templates and code pieces in a structured drop-down-list.

Forget about minibuffer-choose.el.

A.