[AUCTeX] avoiding to have a synctex.gz file created in dvi mode

From: Rainer Thiel
Subject: [AUCTeX] avoiding to have a synctex.gz file created in dvi mode
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 18:38:43 +0200

I have recently configured auctex to support synctex by adding
("LaTeX" "%`%l -synctex=1 %(mode)%' %t" TeX-run-TeX nil (latex-mode
doctex-mode) :help "Run LaTeX") in TeX-command-list.  Thus, LaTeX
creates a [jobname].synctex.gz file each time it is running.  This is
what I want when I run LaTeX in TeX-PDF-mode.  On the other hand, when
TeX-PDF-mode is disabled, because it should create dvi-Files, the
synctex.gz file is (slightly) disturbing.

How can I suppress having LaTeX create synctex.gz-files when it is
supposed to create dvi-files?

Many thanks in advance for any and all help

Rainer
--
Prof. Dr. Rainer Thiel
Institut für Altertumswissenschaften