Re: [AUCTeX] forward / backward with evince

From: Mandar Mitra
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] forward / backward with evince
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 21:02:58 +0530

Tassilo Horn wrote (Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 10:41:36AM +0200):

> Could you check the correct signature for this version of evince?  I use
> the d-feet tool for that.

Thanks! That's a useful thing to know.

The version of evince on Ubuntu 10.04 doesn't support the FindDocument
method after all.

Meanwhile, I tried the CVS version on my work machine (Lubuntu 11.10).
The default "View command" is TeX-evince-sync-view, so I'm assuming the
CVS version is actually getting used.

But I keep getting the following sort of error on typing C-c C-v:

TeX-evince-sync-view: Arithmetic range error: "round", 1334070937.742052

But ~/bin/evince_synctex/evince_forward_search and the corresponding
backward search from the solution provided on the Ubuntuforums page that
I mentioned earlier does work.

Is there anything I can do to help track this error down?

Thanks,
Mandar.