Re: [AUCTeX] auctex cannot find kpsewhich

From: Marco Pessotto
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] auctex cannot find kpsewhich
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 10:19:15 +0200

Denis Bitouzé <address@hidden> writes:

> Le dimanche 03/06/12 à 09h31,
> Laurent Hoeltgen <address@hidden> a écrit :
>
>> (It's being added to the PATH in my .bashrc file in my home folder.
>
> I rather used the symlink option:
>
> http://www.tug.org/texlive/doc/texlive-en/texlive-en.html#x1-280003.2.4
>
> and AFAIR I wasn't facing this problem.
>
>> Any ideas on how I can fix this?
>
> Maybe a poor workaround: start emacs from the command line?

.bashrc is sourced only for interactive shells, not for login shells. So
put a "if [ -f "$HOME/.bashrc" ]; then source $HOME/.bashrc ; fi" in
$HOME/.bash_profile to source that for login shells (where you type
"startx", and from where the environment is taken).

If you're using a login manager, ask the google how to set the
environment variables for it.

Cheers

--
Marco