[AUCTeX] Disable folding in specific environments

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: [AUCTeX] Disable folding in specific environments
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 17:47:09 +0200

Hi list,

is there a way to disable folding in (La)TeX mode in specific environments?
I'm using orgtbl-mode to create org tables and convert them automatically
to LaTeX tables. The org table is inside a comment environment, which I'd
like to keep unfolded. Not just the environment itself, also everything in
it.

To keep the environment from folding, I've defined a special comment
environment called orgtbl, which TeX-fold doesn't know about (so that is
fine). However, snippets of LaTeX code inside this environment are still
folded. That's annoying because the org table can have a format
specification that can contain strings like "\\emph{%s}". TeX-fold tries to
fold those but cannot find an argument, so displays the string "[Error: No
content found]".

Alternatively, is it possible to tell TeX-fold to simply not fold if it
can't find any content? Instead of displaying the above error message, I
mean? (That would be useful in other contexts as well, e.g. within
\newcommand definitions.)

TIA

Joost

--