Re: [AUCTeX] Local Variable ignored

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Local Variable ignored
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 15:56:49 +0200

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 09:43:39AM +0000, NOGUET Dominique wrote:
> FYI, I tried 'dwim', which created an init file error (Symbol's value as
> variable is void)

probably because you should have written «'dwim», i.e., with an initial
aprostophe. if you write «dwim», emacs thinks you're referring to the
variable named "dwim".[1] if you write «'dwim», you're telling emacs that you
mean the symbol named "dwim".

in lisp, that's a big difference... ;-)

j.

[1] well, actually to the variable value of the symbol that is named "dwim".

--
Joost Kremers, PhD
University of Göttingen