Re: [AUCTeX] How to get forward-search from .Rnw documents with Okular?

From: Marius Hofert
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] How to get forward-search from .Rnw documents with Okular?
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 00:35:00 +0200

Marius Hofert writes:

> Okay, obviously the master document master.pdf is not found/seen. I then tried
> the Local Variables trick above, but I still obtain the above message.
>
> How can the okular call be adjusted so that forward-search works? Somehow the
> %o
> does not expand to the master.pdf (but chapter.pdf instead -- which of course
> does not exist).

okay, I found out the following: On C-c C-c View, I can see the command that's
used for previewing master.pdf. The command okular --unique %o#src:%n`pwd`/./%b
results in

,----
| View command: okular --unique chapter.pdf#src:9`pwd`/./chapter.Rnw
`----

If I replace chapter.pdf by master.pdf, everything works as expected. So it's
clear that %o does not do the right thing (getting "master.pdf"). The question
is how to get the master file name master.pdf.