[AUCTeX] difference between LaTex-mode and latex-mode

From: Jannis
Subject: [AUCTeX] difference between LaTex-mode and latex-mode
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 18:09:31 +0200

Dear Auctex users,

is there any difference between the differently capitalized versions of the LaTex string? For example here in .emacs:

(add-hook 'latex-mode-hook 'turn-on-fic-mode)
(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-fic-mode)

Would these two lines of code mean something different and activate for different modes? If yes, under which circumstances would I need the LaTex spelling and under which the latex one? Or can I skip one line? I have just copied .emacs lines from several places into mine, so I might have copied someone elses error ...

Thanks a lot
Jannis