[AUCTeX] own macro coloring?

From: ivo welch
Subject: [AUCTeX] own macro coloring?
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 16:22:50 -0700

dear auctex users---I am running auctex 11.86.

could someone please point me to where I learn how to tell auctex that
I would like the 'hello' contents of, say, \myboldface{hello} to be
boldfaced, italic, and/or color green in the emacs window?  (I know in
latex I do this with
\newcommand{\myboldface}[1]{\textbf{\textit{\textcolor{green}{#1}}}} ,
but I would also like it to look like this in my document.)

I have a whole set of macros and environments (in my 800 page book)
that I would like to view more easily in my editor, too.

regards,

/iaw

----
Ivo Welch (address@hidden)