Re: [AUCTeX] The Journal of Statisticsl Software style file breaks previ

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] The Journal of Statisticsl Software style file breaks preview
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 19:04:45 +0100

Faheem Mitha <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Ok. The LaTeX installation is just the default TeX Live 2012
>>> installation that comes with Debian wheezy.
>
>> I use TeX Live 2013, but I had no such issues with 2012.
>
>>> ! Illegal parameter number in definition of \MYLATEXline.
>>> <to be read again>
>>>                    1
>>> l.386   address@hidden
>
>> Does it help to regenerate format files using
>
>>  $ sudo fmtutil-sys --refresh
>
>> (or maybe --all instead of --refresh)?
>
> I tried both of these. It makes no difference. What do these commands
> do?

Regenerate format files.  I thought because \MYLATEXline is defined by
mylatex.ltx which is a package to generate format files that pre-load a
set of package files, that could do the trick...

Ah, now I think I know what's the problem: caching the preamble uses
mylatex.ltx, so please try preview without: <menu-bar> <Preview> <off>

Bye,
Tassilo