[AUCTeX] problem with LaTeX-{current,modify}-environment

From: Jaap Eldering
Subject: [AUCTeX] problem with LaTeX-{current,modify}-environment
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 15:45:32 +0100

Hi all,

I'm not sure this should be considered a bug, but
LaTeX-current-environment and LaTeX-modify-environment seem to behave in
slightly non-compatible ways. I'm using the code here[1] to toggle
between (un)starred versions of environments. This works as expected
when the point is inside the \begin{...} \end{...} pairs of the
environment, but when the point is on one of the begin/end macros, it
reads the environment name from the next outer environment, but modifies
the inner one.

Should this be considered a bug, and is there a way to fix this?

Best,
Jaap

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10531115/insert-starred-environment-or-command-in-auctex