Re: [AUCTeX] Defining new paragraph breaks for beamer macros

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Defining new paragraph breaks for beamer macros
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 22:06:45 +0200

Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Mosè and Jason,

>> I would like to prevent the fill-paragraph command from acting on lines which
>> include the beamer commands \pause and \onslide<…>.  The first, I know, can
>> be done by putting
>>
>>         (LaTeX-paragraph-commands-add-locally “pause”)
>>
>> in my .emacs file.  But telling fill-paragraph to ignore lines with
>> \onslide<…> is trickier, as it seems the overlay specification which follows
>> \onslide prevents fill-paragraph from recognising \onslide as a paragraph
>> command.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks for your report!  This is due to `TeX-find-macro-end-helper',
> which doesn't treat macros with arguments enclosed in <...>.

Hm, the same applies to things like \verb|foo| or \verb+foo+, etc.

> I can only think about adding a new clause to the cond, to skip over
> angle brackets, but I'm not sure it is wise to always do this.

I think, there's a high chance that this would result in false
positives.  Beamer is the only package I know that uses angle brackets
to enclose arguments, so maybe adding a new variable for extra argument
enclosers which would be set by style/beamer.el would be a sane and
reasonable safe approach.

Bye,
Tassilo