Re: [AUCTeX] Small optimizations / was: Problem with latex2e style hook

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Small optimizations / was: Problem with latex2e style hook --- LaTeX/Texinfo collision
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 08:12:54 +0200

Vincent Belaïche <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Vincent,

>> > BTW, in my previous contributions the git commits were with
>> > address@hidden, which a git log does show,
>> > although the ChangeLog is with my address @sourceforge. I think
>> > that you should keep it this way for git repo consistency (maybe we
>> > change the ChangeLog some day which is easier, so for git please
>> > keep the same author). Sorry for introducing this who-I-am
>> > discrepancy.
>>
>> Sorry, I don't get you exactly. Should I commit with your sf or
>> hotmail address?
>
> Please commit with my hotmail address as done previously for all the
> other commits from me.

After reading your sentence once again I have to confess you were pretty
clear. ;-)

> I am suggesting to do so because, if we were to align who I am on a
> single address, it seems easier to me to change the ChangeLog content
> than to admin the GIT repo: so let us not introduce a second address
> into the repo, and keep only the hotmail address for it.
>
> Sorry for creating this inconvenience... Please make me know if for
> next change I should change all the sf to hotmail address inside the
> ChangeLog.

Currently, I'd prefer to have your hotmail address also in the
ChangeLogs because that's the address that's registered with the FSF for
your copyright assignment.  But of course you can write the copyright
clerk to add whatever address you like to your record.

Ad:

    Preferably, you should have some address which will exist and be
    owned by you for the next 100+ years to come.  One very good way to
    achive that is to join the FSF which will give you a
    <youruser>@member.fsf.org alias that you can redirect to whatever
    account you are currently using. ;-)

Bye,
Tassilo