Re: [AUCTeX] new release?

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] new release?
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 10:45:54 +0200

* Norbert Preining (2014-10-11) writes:

> The point is that texi2html has been declared obsolete in Debian,
> and should not be used to build packages.
>
> This is actually a consequence of upstream pulling the plug:
>       http://www.nongnu.org/texi2html/
> ...The Texi2HTML maintainers (one of whom is the principal author of the GNU
> Texinfo implementation) do not intend to make further releases of
> Texi2HTML.....

Just as a note aside, because it is not relevant for the build process
of AUCTEX: Texi2HTML is also used to generate the HTML documentation for
the gnu.org web pages via the gendocs.sh script.  See
<URL:http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/maintain.html#Invoking-gendocs_002esh>.
And I seem to recall that it always produced better results than
makeinfo, at least for the AUCTeX manuals.

--
Ralf