Re: [AUCTeX] Using debbugs as bug tracker

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Using debbugs as bug tracker
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 15:08:16 +0100

Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

>> BTW, what's now with the gmane.emacs.auctex.bugs newsgroup gateway to
>> the bug-auctex mailing list?  Should we request that it is made
>> read-only (as a kind of archive) or deleted altogether?
>
> Sorry, I don't know what you are referring to.

Gmane is a mailinglist <-> newsgroup gateway.  I don't receive mails
from the bug-auctex list but access it via nntp://news.gmane.org.  You
can also read it in a browser if you wish.

  http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.auctex.bugs

>> And the same question applies to the bug-auctex list itself.  Does
>> that still receive bugs reported with `TeX-submit-bug-report', i.e.,
>> mails sent to bug-auctex?
>
> Yes, of course.  See for example the bug mailing lists of the GNU
> packages listed here: http://debbugs.gnu.org/Packages.html

Ah, indeed.  And I interact also with bug-gnu-emacs via the Gmane group
gmane.emacs.bugs.  The messages is that group never have bug-gnu-emacs
in their To/From/Cc headers but only the address@hidden address, so
replying there does the right thing.  So I guess it'll do the right
thing also for bug-auctex.

Bye,
Tassilo