[AUCTeX] Buffer-local vars, styles, and the auto parser

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [AUCTeX] Buffer-local vars, styles, and the auto parser
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 21:12:45 +0100

Hi,

I'm currently writing a style for the minted package and hitting a
problem.  Basically, with \usepackage{minted} when you do

  \newminted{elisp}{opt=value,...}

this command will define two environments elispcode and elispcode*.  I
do parse those successfully with the auto parser, so the environments
are there.

However, those are verbatim-like environments.  So my
`TeX-auto-cleanup-hook' function additionally adds the newly defined
environments to `LaTeX-verbatim-environments-local'.  But this only
works in singe-file documents.  As soon as you have

  preamble.tex % lots of \newminted defs
  main.tex     % here the generated environments are used

where main.tex is the `TeX-master' the declaration that elispcode and
elispcode* are verbatim environments is only available in preamble.tex,
not in the master (or rather the complete doc).

The same situation applies to `LaTeX-verbatim-macros-with-braces-local'
and `LaTeX-verbatim-macros-with-delims-local'.

How do I cope with that?  Currently I don't see another possibility than
to extend `TeX-auto-store' so that those three variables are also
written to the auto style files.

Bye,
Tassilo