[AUCTeX] includegraphics in non-master file

From: Marek Rudnicki
Subject: [AUCTeX] includegraphics in non-master file
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 23:37:08 +0100

Hi,

I'm having a problem with `\includegraphics{}' macro NOT being present
in a completion when editing a non-master file.

I have Emacs 24.4.1, AucTeX version 11.88 and the following in my
.emacs:

  (load "auctex.el" nil t t)
  (load "texmathp.el" nil t t) ; necessary, because was not loaded (remove in
the future)
  (setq TeX-auto-save t)
  (setq TeX-parse-self t)
  (setq TeX-PDF-mode t)
  (setq reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX t)
  (setq LaTeX-includegraphics-read-file
'LaTeX-includegraphics-read-file-relative)
  (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-reftex)
  (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'LaTeX-math-mode)
  (setq reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX t)
  (setq TeX-view-program-list '(("zathura" "zathura %o")))
  (setq TeX-view-program-selection
        '((output-pdf "zathura")
          (output-dvi "xdvi")))

I also have a LaTeX document that consists of a master file
(parent.tex) and non-master file (child.tex).  child.tex contains:

  %%% Locall Variables:
  %%% mode: latex
  %%% TeX-master: "parent"
  %%% End:

and parent.tex includes:

  \usepackage{graphicx}

When I'm visiting parent.tex, I have access to the completion of
includegraphics macro (C-c RET).  The problem is that the same macro is
not in the completion when I'm visiting child.tex

I tried to find more information how to properly configure multi-file
documents, but did not find anything relevant.

Could you tell me how to fix this issue, or suggest a solution in the
documentation?

Thank you and best regards,
Marek