Re: [AUCTeX] Where and how TeX-evince-sync-view is defined?

From: Janusz S. Bien
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Where and how TeX-evince-sync-view is defined?
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 11:10:26 +0200

Quote/Cytat - David Kastrup <address@hidden> (Mon 11 May 2015 10:49:10 AM CEST):

I've stopped using Evince because of that and configured back to Xpdf.
At one point of time, both Xpdf and Evince will segfault at startup in
the same version of Ubuntu and then I'm going to have a problem.

I've used xpdf for years, on a new system started to use Evince just of laziness, as it is the default.

But so far, it's always been one _or_ the other.

Xpdf's crashes were some Poppler library version incompatibility.
Evince has some Dbus problem I think.  At some point of time, it took
about 10 starts of Evince to have one succeed.

Up to now I had no problems with Evince on Debian jessie.

In my document I use OCG and it seems that on Linux only Evince is handling it.

Best regards

Janusz

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bień - Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)
Prof. Janusz S. Bień - University of Warsaw (Formal Linguistics Department)