[AUCTeX] TeX-latex-mode and override advice

From: Mandar Mitra
Subject: [AUCTeX] TeX-latex-mode and override advice
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 19:53:53 +0530

I have a number of custom keybindings for LaTeX-mode defined via

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (define-key LaTeX-mode-map "\C-c?" 'latex-help) ...))

I suddenly discovered that these have stopped working. Poking around,
I found the following:

1. When freshly opened, C-h m in a latex file says:

   Fundamental mode:
   :override advice: `TeX-latex-mode'

2. After M-x TeX-source-correlate-mode (and some similar commands),
   C-h m says:

   LaTeX mode:
   :override advice: `TeX-latex-mode'

3. I forget the exact sequence, but I even managed to get:

   /PS mode:
   :override advice: `TeX-latex-mode'

Auto-indentation, fill-paragraph are also broken. I'm sure these changes
are recent, but the only changes that I can remember doing recently are
updating a number of packages, and updating auctex to the current git
version. I'm not sure what broke my setup. I should be grateful for any
suggestions about where to look.

Thanks,
Mandar.