Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX support in lettre

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] AUCTeX support in lettre
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 17:10:55 +0100

Hi Vincent,

> Hello Mosè,
>
> BBDB is some sort of phone book (well, it means insidious Big-Bother
> Data Base). My intention is to have functions to read the to-address with
> auto-completion by getting the data from BBDB by means of name or
> organisation.

Thank you, looks good!

> It is not that simple because the way you present the address in a
> postal sending may need some formatting dependent on the country, so
> probably a defcustom is needed to make this more open.

Yes, makes sense, somewhat like language-specific babel features (see
(info "(auctex)European")
https://gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex.html#Style-Files-for-Different-Languages).

> There may also be
> some dependance on the LaTeX extension (koma-script, letter or lettre),
> I have not investigated kom-script yet, but letter and lettre are quite
> similar.
>
> The same recipient name may also be associated with several snail mail
> address, so there also needs to be some selection mechanism for this
> case.
>
> Concerning the place where to put the Elisp code, well I don't know
> where the best place is, probably some new tex-bbdb.el would be a good
> alternative.

Yes, I was thinking to a fake style file ("fake" in the sense that
doesn't correspond to real LaTeX style file), that is loaded by
letter.el, lettre.el, etc.  This may be a bit hackish, but avoid
filling tex.el or latex.el with non-generic functions.

Cheers,
Mosè