Re: [AUCTeX] overlay prompting

From: jfbu
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] overlay prompting
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 08:10:20 +0100

Bonjour Vincent

let's take a risk and reply without testing either ;-)

I trust the \^^64ocumentclass will fool the AUCTeX parser (it should ;-) )
but the problem is that within a verbatim the ^ is sanitized to catcode 12.
Thus the latex run will actually print verbatim ^^64.

The ^^ input form needs ^ to be of catcode 7.

It actually works with any catcode 7 character (I used this in the source
of a package). For example && if you do \catcode`& 7.

But & is also sanitized by verbatim:

~$ latexdef dospecials

\dospecials:
macro:->\do \ \do \\\do \{\do \}\do \$\do \&\do \#\do \^\do \_\do \%\do \~

and besides, I may need it to naturally for tabulars.

Thus this approach would need at least the same amount of preparation
as the technique of \doc¡umentclass which I adopted near the end of the
thread (which works using \catcode`\¡ 9 ).

Best, Jean-François