Re: [AUCTeX] Font size of TABLE-OF-CONTENTS or RefTex Select

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Font size of TABLE-OF-CONTENTS or RefTex Select
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2018 16:06:56 +0100

163 mail <address@hidden> writes:

> Thank you. I’ve tried to customize `font-lock-function-name-face’
> But all the face related to it will be changed. Now I am using the
> Emacs 25.3.1 in the MacOS (10.13.2). I am wondering does there
> Has a way to just customize the reftex-section-heading-face?

Hi Bruce,

you cannot customize `font-lock-function-name-face' like a normal face
as it is defined as:

    (defcustom reftex-section-heading-face 'font-lock-function-name-face
      "Face name for section headings in toc and selection buffers."
      :group 'reftex-fontification-configurations
      :type 'symbol)

I'm not on MacOS, so I can't tell.  But my suggestion would be to try 2
things:

1) Do `M-x list-faces-display' and choose a face you like, then
customize `reftex-section-heading-face' to that face and see if that
works.

2) Put something like this in your init file and see if this works:

     (defface my-reftex-section-heading-face
       '((t :inherit font-lock-function-name-face :height 75))
       "My RefTeX section heading face.")

     (setq reftex-section-heading-face 'my-reftex-section-heading-face)

I consider 2) as last resort, maybe other MacOS users could try what you
describe and see if they face the same problem.

Best, Arash