Re: [AUCTeX] Help with getting AUCTeX to parse my personal *.sty files f

From: gojjoe
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Help with getting AUCTeX to parse my personal *.sty files for macros?
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 23:17:29 +0100

Hi Brian,

The help for "TeX-parse-self" says "Parse file after loading it if no style
hook is found for it". Is it possible that an old style file (.el) already
exists for your file and therefore no reparsing is done? This happens to me
from time to time.

Try typing

C-u C-c C-n

while you're visiting the file. This should remove old style hooks and reparse
the file. Right after you type that, check the message log (buffer *Messages*,
asterisks included) to see which style files the parser has loaded and from
which directories.

Cheers,