[AUCTeX] Reftex-toc prevent vsplit on goto

From: Casper Thule
Subject: [AUCTeX] Reftex-toc prevent vsplit on goto
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 17:45:56 +0000

I am currently using spacemacs with auctex.

When I use reftex-toc and goto an item then it performs a vsplit and shows the content window on the right hand side.

How do I prevent this splitting behaviour? I would like it to open in the current window from which the reftex-toc command was issued.

I added this hook to maximize the newly opened window:

(add-hook 'reftex-toc-mode-hook 'spacemacs/toggle-maximize-buffer) but it is a suboptimal solution, as it influences other splits I might have made.