Re: [Audio-video] [gnu.org #867973] Re: Urgent: please fetch these audio

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Audio-video] [gnu.org #867973] Re: Urgent: please fetch these audio and video files
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 21:00:41 -0500

        [ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider
        [ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,
        [ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example.

    At least some of the long videos are interesting, even if we don't have
    metadata for them, and I think we certainly want to publish them -- the
    speech location and date is easy to reconstruct in some cases;

Please publish them.

                                                                   on the
    other hand, most of the short videos are difficult to reuse.  Many of
    them contain just a single point and last less than a minute; they were
    useful to somebody who had to make some point in the past, but even the
    original intention is now lost.

I don't understand the problem -- I don't understand what "original
intention" means, concretely.  If a short video makes a single point,
just think about whether that point is useful for us.  If so,
post the video and say it makes that point.  If not, don't post it.

What's hard about that?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation