autoconf-archive-maintainers

Re: GPL version of ax_cflags_warn_all.m4

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: GPL version of ax_cflags_warn_all.m4
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 13:28:44 +0000

Following offline discussion with Guido Draheim about the licensing of
his macros, he's agreed that they should be all upgraded to v3 or
later of the GPL:

On 14 October 2010 22:57:24 UTC+1, Guido Draheim <address@hidden> wrote:
> So if Autoconf has gone to GPL3+ then all my macros should be as well.
> Not only the one mentioned in the subject line, just, all of them.

I have patched all the macros written by him alone, ready to push; I
just wanted to check: should I increase the serial number, or not?
(Obviously there are no code changes.)

Unfortunately the macro I was interested in (ax_cflags_warn_all) has
since been changed by another author, so I'll be writing to them
shortly too.

The macro files that seem to be affected (i.e. originally written by
Guido, but since modified) are:

ax_cflags_warn_all.m4
ax_create_pkgconfig_info.m4
ax_enable_builddir.m4
ax_prefix_config_h.m4

and the authors affected are: Marten Svantesson, Gerald Point, Rhys
Ulerich, Sven Verdoolaege and Alan Jenkins.

If any of them happens to read this and doesn't mind the license
requirement being bumped to GPLv3+, then please say so! Anyone I don't
hear from soon I shall write to directly.

(The reason for wanting to do this is that it makes it possible for
code to be adopted directly into autoconf core, or, and this is my
personal interest, used more easily in any other GNU program.)

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org