autoconf-archive-maintainers

Re: Automatic set-serial?

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: Automatic set-serial?
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 18:32:42 +0100

Hi Reuben,

sorry for taking so long respond. I've been a little busy with the usual
Christmas frenzy.

 > OK, I've now added set-serial.sh to the build process. Am waiting to
 > be able to write to the repo again before I can push it. As far as I
 > can see, all that is needed is to run set-serial.sh on
 > $(distdir)/m4/*.m4.

I tried running "make dist", and it seemed to me that the call to
set-serial.sh has has no effect. The script depends on Git being able to
determine whether the macros have been modified. The files in
$(distdir), however, are *copies* of the source code, meaning that Git
doesn't know about them.

Did I miss something?

Take care,
Peter