autoconf-archive-maintainers

Re: Debian wishlist

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: Debian wishlist
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:29:25 +0200

Hi Braden,

 > This looks like an old version of AX_CHECK_GLUT. You can find the
 > current version here:
 >
 >   http://code.google.com/p/autoconf-gl-macros/
 >
 > I'm pretty sure the current version doesn't have this problem.

those versions look quite different from the ones we have in the archive:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf-archive/ax_check_gl.html
  http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf-archive/ax_check_glu.html
  http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf-archive/ax_check_glut.html
  http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf-archive/ax_lang_compiler_ms.html

Now, there is no easy way to synchronize our versions automatically with
the ones in your repository, and I guess it won't help the general
public if we distribute obsolete versions of your code.

Given the situation, I would like to obsolete those macros in the
Autoconf Archive, and eventually drop them from the distribution.

Does that sound like a reasonable plan?

Take care,
Peter