autoconf-archive-maintainers

AX_SWIG_PYTHON macro problem with cross-compilation

From: Václav Zeman
Subject: AX_SWIG_PYTHON macro problem with cross-compilation
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 15:05:52 +0200

Hi.

I am trying to use the macro AX_SWIG_PYTHON in log4cplus library to
generate Python bindings for the library. The AX_SWIG_PYTHON contains
two lines:

AC_REQUIRE([AX_PKG_SWIG])
AC_REQUIRE([AX_PYTHON_DEVEL])

The problematic part of this is the AC_REQUIRE there. With this macro
unmodified and during configuration of _cross compilation_, the
configuration of Python fails and the configuration process dies.
Initially I thought it was because of AM_PATH_PYTHON but it has turned
out it was because of AC_REQUIRE([AX_PYTHON_DEVEL]) inside
AX_SWIG_PYTHON. Please see the discussion on Automake's mailing list: <
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/automake/2012-10/msg00028.html >

I have fixed the issue for me by basically inlining the AX_SWIG_PYTHON
macro into configure.ac. Please consider this a bug report for the
AX_SWIG_PYTHON macro. Because, as it is, it is not usable in cross
compilation environment.

--
VZ