autoconf-archive-maintainers

[patch #8213] new macro to allow "overriding" of user provided variables

From: anonymous
Subject: [patch #8213] new macro to allow "overriding" of user provided variables for automake
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 15:39:16 +0000

Follow-up Comment #4, patch #8213 (project autoconf-archive):

Peter,

You raise some very good points.

I've released code under the Smithsonian copyright using the GPL license for
some time, and that would certainly have the same implications for
modification and additional copyrights.  I know of other code released under
the Smithsonian copyright under the GPL (http://cxc.cfa.harvard.edu/ciao/)
which has undergone more formal license review by the Smithsonian, so I
believe I'm on firm ground saying that the GPL (and thus the implications for
further modifications and copyright assignment) is fine.

I also know of code released over the course of more than a couple of decades
under even less restrictive licenses, so I believe that the Smithsonian
doesn't give a hoot, provided that
it gets acknowledgement of credit.

Multiple copyright holders should not be a problem, so you can leave me in as
a copyright holder.

Thanks for paying attention to these details!  I hope the above reasoning is
sufficient.

Thanks,

Diab

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8213>