autoconf-archive-maintainers

[patch #8505] ac_cv_header_lua_h always set to yes

From: Tim Perkins
Subject: [patch #8505] ac_cv_header_lua_h always set to yes
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 20:52:47 +0000

Update of patch #8505 (project autoconf-archive):

             Assigned to:                  simons => tprk77
             Open/Closed:                  Closed => Open

Follow-up Comment #3:

Jimmy Jazz,

First of all, my appologies for the 2 month delay. I've been slow.

I appricate your patch, but I think maybe you misunderstood the function of
AX_LUA_HEADERS.

This macro was not written to search /usr/include. All Lua distributions
(rightfully) put their headers in a subdirectory with a version number. Could
you please tell me more about your system, specifically why it is putting
lua.h in /usr/include?

Your change to the search is only neccessary because you added /usr/include to
the search list, and there is no version number in the path. Really, I think
you should have just set the appropriate environment variables, like
LUA_INCLUDE, which are well documented.

I don't think this should have been a code change. The previous code was well
tested, and sorry but I'm not convienced of the testing on this patch. In
fact, it has some issues.

So I recommend a revert.

P.S. The "(cached)" is because you removed the unsets, and AC_CHECK_HEADERS is
finding the cached results from the last loop iteration. I'm guessing that was
a mistake.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8505>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/