autoconf-archive-maintainers

Re: License copatibility GPLv3+ (w/ Autoconf Exc) AX_PTHREAD

From: Daniel Richard G.
Subject: Re: License copatibility GPLv3+ (w/ Autoconf Exc) AX_PTHREAD
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 11:42:06 -0500

Hello Hans,

The licensing of macros in the Autoconf Archive is explicitly intended
to allow use even by proprietary applications without license conflict,
as long as modifications to the macros themselves remain under copyleft
terms. You're not going to have any license issues from AX_PTHREAD
whatsoever.

Not only is redistribution of the configure script's M4 sources
with your project (or Git repo) allowed, it is arguably required, as
distributing the "configure" script with no accompanying source files is
akin to distributing a compiled binary with no source.

Whatever challenges your project may have, this is not one of them :)

Regards,

--Daniel

--
Daniel Richard G. || address@hidden
My ASCII-art .sig got a bad case of Times New Roman.