autoconf-maintainers

Re: announcing (sort of) gnulib

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: announcing (sort of) gnulib
Date: 16 Jul 2002 10:59:14 +0200

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

Paul> What needs to be done to get Autoconf 2.54 out the door?

I'll clean up the TODO file, and try to set up a HACKING file, just
like Tom did for Automake.

Paul> Perhaps I can help in my admittedly limited spare time.
Paul> (Full-time job + full-time family including baby that _still_
Paul> doesn't sleep through the night -- you know the drill :-).

I don't know it all, but I have currently my own aleas :)

Paul> If "make dist" isn't quite right yet, what needs to be done to
Paul> fix things?

My standard procedure is `make alpha', and adjust by hand the rest.

Paul> Is it just that we need to cut a test version and let it get
Paul> tested a bit?

We will definitely need that.  The goal is also to make everything
possible to please forthcoming Automake 1.7.