Re: autoconf 2.49c fails if '.' is in PATH

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: autoconf 2.49c fails if '.' is in PATH
Date: 03 Feb 2001 17:33:22 +0100

This is becoming way too confusing.  I'd like to ask a single answer
from each person who feel s/he knows well the architecture concerned.
Don't try to answer for all the architectures, just yours.  Try to
avoid as much as possible using $exeext, as we need to find the
compiler before trying to compute exeext!  In short, consider exeext
forbidden...

The question is `is $FILE an executable in the common sense'.

I start.

Modern Unices: test -x $FILE && test -f $FILE
Old Unices:    test -f $FILE