Re: DOS Support

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: DOS Support
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:24:18 +0100

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 10:11:12AM +0000, John Poltorak wrote:
:
: I tried the latest autoconf snapshot yesterday with the hope that it
: included support for DOS style pathnames. Was I wrong to expect this?
:
: I found that configure would not find INSTALL or PERL even though they
: are on the path, although setting up $INSTALL and $PERL worked OK.
:
: Configure eventually stopped with the msg:-
:
:  Do not use
:
: * Serious Problems
:
:
: Is this to be expected?

Yes.  "Do not use" is a message displayed at the end of the configure
script.  DOS style paths is being worked on - finding executables with the
.exe extension is probably one area that hasn't been implemented.

  Lars J
--
Innovation is one percent inspiration and ninetynine percent perspiration,
and in my case; twice that...  -- Norville Barnes, `The Hudsucker Proxy'