Re: AC_OUTPUT eats VPATH

From: Derek R. Price
Subject: Re: AC_OUTPUT eats VPATH
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 20:03:31 -0500

No, really.  In the scenario you describe, your build tree has simply become a
subdir of the source tree.  Using your example, assuming that your configure
scripts are in topdir/src/package?, and ignoring the fact that cd probably isn't
going to open me a shell on another platform:

     cd topdir/src/package1
     mkdir arch1 arch2
     cd arch1
     .../configure