Re: AC_OUTPUT eats VPATH

From: Derek R. Price
Subject: Re: AC_OUTPUT eats VPATH
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 08:33:57 -0500

Rasmus Tamstorf wrote:

> Maybe I'm missing something obvious though, so if anyone would like to
> enlighten me about how to deal easily with the code-debug-code cycle using
> a separate build tree, please let me know.

I find that modern window managers make most of the cd/path point moot as I
just keep a
second shell window open in the build directory.  That window also has any
necessary
environment variables set.  Then it's usually just a matter of a single click
to switch
from editing to a build/test context and vice versa.

Derek

--
Derek Price                      CVS Solutions Architect ( http://CVSHome.org )
mailto:address@hidden     OpenAvenue ( http://OpenAvenue.com )