Re: Autoconf make problems

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Autoconf make problems
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 09:45:16 -0500 (EST)

Hello!

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, wozbi wrote:

> First, I've installed m4 version 1.4.
> I then ran configure on autoconf

What version of Autoconf are you using? The latest version is 2.49c. You
can download it here:

ftp://alpha.gnu.org/pub/gnu/autoconf/autoconf-2.49c.tar.gz

I don't think anybody here is interested in problems in the older versions
of Autoconf.

> Then I ran make, resulting in the following error :
> $ make

If you still want Autoconf-2.13, you can install GNU make and run it
instead.

>    Date(autoconf.m4)=Wed 06 Jan 1999 12:27:52 AM EST EST

Do you think that if any problem existed it wouldn't be fixed in 2 years?!

Regards,
Pavel Roskin