Re: Announcing Autoconf 2.49d

From: John Poltorak
Subject: Re: Announcing Autoconf 2.49d
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 23:04:03 +0000

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 05:01:32PM +0100, Akim Demaille wrote:
> The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
> that has been posted to gnu.utils.bug as well.
>

> The Autoconf team is extremely proud (and quite relieved) to announce
> the birth of Autoconf 2.49d, our release candidate.  The core Autoconf
> is not expected to change before the release, while the documentation
> and minor details still need some work.
>
> Since there is a significant number of changes, we would like to ask
> maintainers to give a try to this version, so that problems be
> identified before the 2.50 release.
>
> Autoconf can be downloaded from
>
>         ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/autoconf-2.49d.tar.gz

I have just grabbed it, run configure, and it tells me:-

* Status

        | Good for production use.  |

This sounds more promising than the last time I tried...
But I noticed it didn't find INSTALL, PERL or much else on the path.

I am using OS/2 which uses DOS paths and seperators, and drive letters.
Should I expect the path to be searched for sundry support files?

--
John