Re: Autoconf and cross-compiling

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: Autoconf and cross-compiling
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 23:15:34 +0200

"Gary V. Vaughan" wrote:

> On Thursday 17 May 2001  7:30 pm, Guido Draheim wrote:
> > >
> > > Chapter 25 of the Goat book, http://wources.redhat.com/autobook.
> >
> > small typo, Gary, it's http://sources.redhat.com/autobook
>
> I was just checking to make sure you were awake ;-)
>
> > and chapter 26, anyway, was easy to guess ;-)
>

> > I have to admit that most
> > of my experiences come from experimentation, try-and-error,
> > and not reading. I wasn't to find a site dedicated to the
> > topic either :-( ... oh well...
>
> I don't think that stuff exists at all =(O|
Well, you should know (and probably know) Ian's "configure" article
:)

http://www.airs.com/ian/configure/

It focuses at Cygnus configure and is a bit dated wrt. recent
developments in autoconf, but it describes the basic working
principles and is rather detailed.

Ralf Corsepius
Forschungsinstitut fuer Anwendungsorientierte Wissensverarbeitung
(FAW)
Helmholtzstr. 16, 89081 Ulm, Germany     Tel: +49/731/501-8690
mailto:address@hidden           FAX: +49/731/501-999
http://www.faw.uni-ulm.de