Re: autoconf 2.50 tests and cache

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: autoconf 2.50 tests and cache
Date: 01 Jun 2001 15:32:02 +0200

>> Err, you're gonna laugh Pavel, but I don't know how to do this...
>>
>> If there is a config.site, then it's loaded *after* the option
>> processing (because it depends on $prefix).  Therefore setting
>> --cache-file is not an option.
>>
>> The only means I can see would be to set CONFIG_SITE for the test
>> suite to something which contains nothing, say /dev/null.
>>
Tim> Yes, but some platforms (like DJGPP) are not yet 100% supported
Tim> directly - we need config.site to make path seraching work.

:(

I don't remember what remains to be done for DJGPP.

Tim> So disabling config.site would break many tests.

:(

Tim> Explicitly setting CONFIG_SITE to the empty string should ensure
Tim> the same config.site is loaded during the entire testsuite, so
Tim> that should be enough.

Sorry, I don't get it here.

My initial point was to make sure no cache is used.  I don't fear too
much config.site as a matter of fact, since the testsuite.log should
fairly well denunciate such problems.  And it's a good thing that some
user reality affects the tests.  But I agree too we should isolate the
variables :)