Re: question about sysconfdir

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: question about sysconfdir
Date: 01 Jun 2001 17:21:41 +0200

>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Eisentraut <address@hidden> writes:

Peter> There is no such statement. [...] I would humbly suggest that
Peter> if it cannot be proved that 'make all prefix=/else/where' is
Peter> mandated by the GCS, that it be phased out because it is highly
Peter> annoying.

Again I personally agree, but I won't change this in Autoconf.  Look
in the archives for threads with RMS.  If *you* can have RMS agree on
this, fine, but I'm not going to waste some more time on this.  Many
people here have participated to the debate, and we all failed.