Re: gcc -mno-cygwin and autoconf 2.50

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: gcc -mno-cygwin and autoconf 2.50
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 18:24:42 -0400

Teun Burgers wrote:

> Tim Van Holder wrote:
>
> > Of course, if you need to specify CC anyway, you might as well specify
> > your host system too:
> >
> >     ./configure CC='gcc -mno-cygwin' --host=i386-pc-mingw32
> >
> > After all, you're basically cross-compiling, aren't you.
>
> Earnie Boyd wrote:
>
> > This is the correct way to do it.  You can shorten to --host=mingw32 if
> > you wish.
>
> I agree that this is basically a cross-compile. It is however just a
> little bit annoying to specify the target OS twice,
> with --host and -mno-cygwin.

You may be annoyed but you're only specifying the target OS once.

> So I decided to add the following bit to the configure script:

So you've readded what was removed from autoconf in the first place.
The better option if you don't want to specify -mno-cygwin and
--host=mingw32 is to create a true Cygwin hosted mingw cross compiler.
I.E. Configure GCC --host=i686-pc-cygwin --build=i686-pc-cygwin
--target=mingw32.

--
Earnie.