Re: autoconf 2.5, 2.13, and Vim

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: autoconf 2.5, 2.13, and Vim
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 06:28:33 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Russ Allbery <address@hidden>
> Date: 12 Jun 2001 05:58:31 -0700
>
> I've yet to see *any* system that didn't have <sys/types.h>.

I found 'AC_CHECK_HEADERS(sys/types.h)' in the configure.in files for
a2ps, kaffe, and rpm.  So it's plausible that some people have found
such systems.  (It wasn't me!)

> Part of me says I should argue in favor of not worrying about this until
> someone actually asks for this feature because they need it in a real
> program.  (Of course, Paul may well be doing that and I'm just not
> understanding.)

I don't need it myself.  I'm just responding to the AmigaOS patch, and
am trying to help get autoconf into an reasonably consistent state
that accommodates that patch and is inspired by the relevant
standards.  It is a judgment call as to what is "reasonable", and I
can certainly see your point of view.